Innovation, know-how, trademarks, patents, entrepreneur’s reputation and brands are intangible assets – often difficult to describe but significant part of the entrepreneur’s property which remains under special legal protection.
Our law firm:
- provides advice in the fields of copyright and related rights, intellectual property rights;
- draws up and negotiates agreements on intellectual property rights, including the transfer of rights and licenses to trademarks, copyright and related rights;
- prepares legal opinions related to industrial property law and copyright;
- takes protection measures against theft or unfair competition;
- initiates procedures of invention, industrial design, patent and trademark application;
- monitors formalities and expiry dates of protection periods, both before the Polish Patent Office and before EUIPO or WIPO;
- advises how to protect know-how appropriately as part of business secrets;
- supports the entrepreneur in combating unfair competition consisting in exploiting reputation, counterfeiting products or trademarks, unfair advertising, breaching the prohibition of disclosure of business secrets, spreading incorrect information about the entrepreneur, etc.;
- protects the reputation and trademarks under civil and penal law;
- stops the process of counterfeiting products already at the border;
- recovers internet domains with name identical or similar to the company’s business name or trademark;
- protects the entrepreneur’s interests in the event of acquiring intangible assets by constructing the agreement with the seller in an adequate manner;
- represents the entrepreneur in negotiations and disputes concerning intellectual property rights.