Mergers and acquisitions
Developing the enterprise by acquiring or merging with an entity of similar or complementary business profile can significantly accelerate the growth of the company’s value.
The process of purchase, sale or merger of the company with another entity requires considering legal and economic status of the acquired enterprise or its assets, as well as administrative limitations, business secrets, collaterals, responsibilities and warranties.
The attorneys from our firm provide advice during mergers with other entities or transactions of purchase/takeover of an enterprise. Our counselling services cover the entire preparation process, business valuation, organising and monitoring due diligence, preparing due diligence analysis (which includes a brief description of risks and solutions to problematic issues, as well as a clear action plan), coordination of the work of auditors and attorneys during the transaction, negotiation consulting. In the final phase we provide advice during the conclusion of negotiations in a merger transaction or final negotiations and signing the investment agreement.
Our experience in that regard includes:
- conducting legal analyses of business entities (due diligence);
- comprehensive compilations of business records;
- participation in negotiations;
- giving opinion on the obligation of notifying the concentration to the President of the Office of Competition and Consumer Protection and representing clients in proceedings before this authority;
- counselling in cases related to labour law and environmental protection law.